Below the Header Ad
PoliticsPolitics News

2 drown in Weala

Above Article Ad

A man and a baby girl have reportedly drowned in Weala, electoral district#5,MargibiCounty.The victims met their untimely deaths at separate locations and times over the weekend.

Little Comfort was one year and nine months old, while the male victim was about 52.The little girl reportedly drowned in the Capital Hill Community of Weala, while the late Peter Sulunteh, an epilepsy patient, drowned in a creek in Gwekpolorsue, near Weala where he had gone to bath.

Speaking to reporters over the weekend at the scene of the incident, MiattaSackie, a neighbor of little Comfort, narrates that the deceased and her mother went on a corn farm to help a friend hook grass.

According to Miatta herself a farmer, when they got in the garden during the morning hours, they decided to wash and cook before commencing work.She explains that while they were in the process of cutting the grass, the mother of the deceased only identified as Mamie, got injured by the hook and tried to apply first aid to stop her bleeding, adding in that moment, little Comfort came to her mother and asked her for water to drink which the girl’s mother provided.

Miatta notes that after little Comfort drank the water, her mother decided to put her in a tub of water to bath along with other children while they went back to work. But in about 20 minutes, she says her children came and broke the news that little Comfort has fallen in a well, adding that to her surprise, she went and saw the infant lying in the well that is 7ft deep and 4ft wide with foams pouring from her mouth.

For his part, a brother of the late Sulunteh, Sam Kollie, explains that the deceased had suffered from epilepsy for over 15 prior to his drowning. Kollie continues that his late brother was an employee of the Salala Rubber Corporation, adding that before his untimely demise, both of them went to work that same day and after job the late Peter left for the village and went to the creek to bath where he met his death on Friday, and the body was subsequently discovered on Saturday at 11:00 A.M. Police charge sheet reveals that there was no foul play in the incident.

By Ramsey N. Singbeh, Jr. in Margibi-Editing by Jonathan Browne

Related Articles

Back to top button