[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]

Liberia news

6-month-old baby mother electrocuted

A sixteen-year old girl has died in Gbarnga after being electrocuted. Yamah Nagbe – the mother of a three month-old baby, had reportedly washed her baby’s dippers to hang them on a cell phone booth over which laid an electric wire.

She finally got electrocuted when one of the wet clothes was hooked in the naked wire. Sixteen-year old Yamah was then rushed to the Phebe Hospital where she was confirmed dead by doctors.

Police have arrested the owner of the commercial generator and charged him with negligent homicide and sent him to court. Robert Fallah, who uses a 13 KVA generator to supply his customers,has not spoken about the incidence.

Due to the lack of electricity in the city, Gbarnga is experiencing amateur wiring and private power supply as many people who are in commercial electricity activities use skinless wires on grounds that their expensive wires were always stolen by criminals.

The death of Yamah has left many calling on county authorities and the police to ensure that those in commercial electricity business are using wires properly and not causing public hazard. Bong County Inspector William Kollie has said a meeting with local electricity suppliers has been scheduled for Friday to discuss ways to handle what is now seen as a death trap in the city.

By Papa Morris from Gbarnga, Bong County

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=2] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=3] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=4] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=5] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=6]
Back to top button