[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]


Alex Jackson Hits Again

Liberian youthful striker playing for White City FC returned from injury on Saturday night with goals to his credit after 90 minutes action against Western Adelaide in the Carlsberg Preseason Cup tournament in Australia.

The match was played at the Marden Sport Complex, the home of Western Adelaide FC. Jackson was in his forth match for the club in the tournament. The Liberian missed the club’s previous match with Western Striker at the Frank Mitchell Park on the 19-Feb-2011 due to injury.

The club earned thirteen points from five games. It won the first match of the tournament when it thrashed Toros FC 2-0 with Alex Jackson netting both goals. White City honored her second game when she played Cumberland FC during a 2-1 victory in favor of Jackson’s club on Friday Feb-4-2011 at the Frank Mitchell Park; Jackson got the opener for the club.

White City earned her 3rd win of the tournament against Para Hills FC , Jackson netted one of the three goals for the club, he missed the club 1-1 match with Western Striker on Saturday Feb-19-2011 due to his injury.

The club is awaiting the next stage of the thirty teams’ tournament to resume this week. Jeremiah Benson is another young Liberian playing in the Under-19 session of the tournament for Para Hills FC youth side. The Liberian is doing well, as his young side proceed to the next stage of the tournament as his fellow Liberia Jackson club did.

Jackson is among many young Liberians clashing things in Australia that could make up for the country’s junior side, which seek to earn a slot for London 2012 and the All African games later in September this year.

Jubilee FC Conserved Slot

Last season’s fair played premiership club Jubilee FC is considered by fans as regaining courage to escape relegation and win the knock-out title. The club came alive on Friday during their 3rd knock-out match fixture with Ganta Base 1st Division side International Black Star.

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]

The Ganta boys posted a hard game for Jubilee in the first 20 minutes of the game. The Ganta club took the lead from a right cross that was headed by their attacker in the 13th minutes of the game.

Jubilee goalkeeper made an inaccurate attempt when he allowed the striker to disembark at the ball before him. The match continued with Jubilee FC building up from the middle as Captain Adolphus Hutchins played the ball on the left and right wing; the club started with a direct attack, as they played their normal system 3-5-2.

Jubilee FC system found it hard-hitting to prevailed against the boys from Nimba  4-3-2 formation, which twisted a one man as central back and last defensive midfielder.

The premier side came levelled in the 27th minutes of the game when Jubilee left attack mover Prince Gbawe received a through passed from Captain Adolphus Hutchins. Gbawe used the opportunity to register his third goal for the club when his encumbered shoot passed International Black Star keeper that had no answered. The opening session of the evening match ended with both sides conceding a goal each; the second half resume with fireworks emerging from attackers of the two teams.

Although the league one club IBS made some changes in her squad Jubilee FC observed the game for 25 minutes in the final half of the day before introducing Alfred Gibson in their attack. The addition of Gibson in their attack increased the club chances; Gibson came close to increasing the lead but missed both opportunities.

His present on the left benefited the club when International black star defender headed his left cross out to the right for a corner kick to Jubilee. Prince Gbawe who brought Jubilee on level term in the first half, left footed the corner ball that Jubilee Captain Adolphus Hutchins headed in the net to sealed the club booking another ticket to face last season’s 1st Division champion Nimba FC.

Nana Hard-Pressed IE Forward

The knock-out session of the Liberia Football Association league continued last Friday at the ATS involving premier and 1st Division clubs. The initial action of the day viewed struggling side Invisible Eleven (IE) and United Sport Association battling in a 2-1 victory clashed in favor of IE.

USA was cosseted in defense by former Buduburam FC central back David Kollie; the defender had a rigid day to maintained Lone Star Under-23 striker Dweh Allison and former BYC attacker Matthew Dede leading the attacking line of IE.

The game saw countless attacks from both team wingers, as their defenses made loads of air stopped from crosses. The first half of the match ended goalless after the two keepers made the total of 18 saves, with IE goalkeeper earning 11 of the eighteen saves in the first half. The clubs returned from niche with innovative methods and offensive tactics to guarantee a win in the final half of the game.

MTN soccer academy product Isaac Gibson known as (Nana) signed by IE, the son of former national team midfielder Mark Gibson was at the peak of the game for IE. The little midfielder Gibson known as (Nana) with perfect ball control and excellent passes put IE ahead through a free kicked awarded to the club after Dweh Allison was foul close to the USA 18 yard box.

There clashed got fiery with USA structuring up the middle after she abandoned the wings during previous attacks. Nana Gibson continued his brilliant style of play for the yellow boys when he was pushed in close attack.

The youngster managed to gross a passed from his club right back Trokon in the middle, Nana than moved left and crossed the ball left to Matthew and cut in space for the object before connecting his forward Juma that landed the ball silently in the back of USA’s net.

Few minutes later, the Red, White and Blue boys got a consolation from the left attack that ablaze from 15 yard to beat goalkeeper Peter of IE. Time was not in their favor as full time was indicated by the controller of the game.

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=2] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=3] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=4] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=5] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=6]
Back to top button