[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]

Politics News

Baby burns to death

-As fire guts 4 houses in Ganta

Residents of Congo Community in Ganta City, Nimba County are still recovering from both emotional and traumatic shocks following a recent fire incident that gutted four homes and left a year-old baby burnt to death.

According to report, the toddler was asleep when fire swept the home of its parents.A 70-year-old woman, who owns the house, Yar Glaye Power, describes the incident as mysterious.

She narrates to the New Dawn that all occupants were outdoor, while she was in the yard with the children, but only heard an explosion and in few seconds, saw her house ablaze.

Madam Power explains that the deceased and his twin semblance were with her prior to the incident, but little Saye Konah met his untimely death in one of the six rooms the fire razed.

She is widow, who survives daily by selling greens in the market.The incident in Congo Community brings to four, the number of houses wrecked by fire in Ganta less than a month.

In all of the incidents, victims were unable to secure any personal effects or belongings. Few days ago, fire destroyed three bedrooms in Gbatu Quarter, while a five bedrooms building in a community named Public Works Yard was swept to the ground.

A taxicab was recently left in flames in the main street of Ganta where it completely burnt to ashes.
Residents of Ganta are benefiting from cross-border electricity, but the commercial city lacks fire service trucks.

One of the fire victims speaks to the press

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]

By Thomas Doloquee/Nimba

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=2] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=3] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=4] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=5] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=6]
Back to top button