Below the Header Ad
General

Ebola Not Over

Above Article Ad

The New Dawn Liberia The New Dawn Liberia-Nyesuah caution Liberians

The Head of the Incident Management System of the National Ebola Task Force of Liberia, Assistant Health Minister Tolbert Nyesuah has warned Liberians that the fight against the deadly Ebola virus or EVD was not over, even though there was only one suspected case in the whole country.

Minister Nyesuah told a local radio talk show in Monrovia on Thursday that the last Laboratory confirmed Ebola case was on Feb 13, 2014, and since then, there’s been no confirmed case.

According to Minister Nyesuah, since last year, there were 4 cases from 102 contacts, noting that 80-percent of such contacts were from Montserrado County, while 20-percent were in Margibi County.

He said all of the contacts traced were taken care of by trained nurses at the Ebola Treatment Units.
He indicated that most of the counties have exceeded the 21 days without any new case, while some cases that were reported were taken to the laboratory and examined.

He said the Incident Management System or IMS was currently dealing with the anti-Ebola protocols to strengthen every borders in the country in other to expose Ebola cases.

He said the National Ebola Task Force cannot reach everywhere in the country at the same time, so it was also incumbent on citizens to take initiatives in reporting suspected cases.
Tolbert Nyesuah also added that strategies, including vigorous community awareness and contact-tracing, as well as restrictions on the conveying of corpses to the various counties have all taken effect.

He further attributed the country’s success in the battle against the disease to effective and efficient community awareness, save burial and investigating Ebola suspected cases carefully.

By Rewina Juduh

Related Articles

Back to top button