Fire has gutted a two bedroom house in Blaygay community in Ganta, Nimba County, leaving the entire house and several valuables completely burnt to ashes.
Narrating her ordeal to our Nimba correspondent, a victim of the fire disaster, Linda Zolo, said the incident occurred at about 5 A.M. on Monday, 27 April when an inhabitant of the house left a candle on, after eating his meal, which led to the burning of the house.
Miss Zolo said she managed to escape from the house with her baby, but did not take any personal belonging.
The victim, who is carrying six months pregnancy, has appealed to government for assistance as she is left with nothing to make ends meet.
According to her, she lost a sewing machine in the fire, which was her only source of income prior to the incident.
By Franklin Doloquee, Nimba