Below the Header Ad
General

Fire Disaster Leaves Several Homeless

Above Article Ad

Fire on Sunday left a household homeless just after the New Year’s celebration in the Samuel Kanyon Doe Community area. The Four bed room zinc house got ablaze at about 8pm, when victim Alice Keah and two of her kids were already asleep. But no casualty  was reported.

The two children, five and seven years respectively, were rescued from the house, but a resident told our reporter that all of their belongings and those of the other occupants were consumed by the fire.

The resident only referred to as Alice and other inhabitants could not establish the cause of the fire. Alice  narrated that while she and her children were asleep, she felt the heat in the room, and before waking up to find out what was happening, she saw an uncontrollable flames from her dresser in the room.

Several community dwellers rushed on the scene struggling to quench the fire, but did not succeed as the zinc shark burnt instantly. Some onlookers blamed the disaster on candle light or careless smokers, who may have gone to the house to smoke cigarette as usual.

Related Articles

Back to top button