Above Article Ad

Politics News

Gov’t supports West Point victim

One of the victims from the West Point incident in August has been released from hospital more than one month after he sustained injury during a standoff between residents and security forces who tried to enforce a government quarantine order in the densely populated slum community.

The victim, Titus Nuah was severely wounded and picked up by government operatives during the incident for medical treatment which saw him being treated at few local hospitals before being hospitalized at the SOS Hospital in Congo Town, with support from the office of President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

President Sirleaf paid several visits at the home of the victims meeting with the victims parents and ensuring that he had a better care after the incident inspite of speculations that the boy had been abandoned.

The President, according to Executive Mansion officials, also visited the victim on several occasions at the SDA Cooper Hospital, where he was initially treated for two weeks and the SOS Hospital where he was transferred later after the SDA Cooper Hospital closed its doors in early August.

The President had asked the victim Nuah to choose any hospital he wanted to go to during her visit at his West Point residence having informed her that he was not still good after the SDA hospital discharged him and later closed down, an official said narrating how the Preisdent’s office had handled the matter.

During the more than one month period while being treated, the president’s office gave financial, food and moral supports to the victim and his family, that was after her office had managed to rescue him from West Point where he was picked up bleeding after the incident.

The NewDaw learnt that after SDA had closed down, victim Nuah first spent one night at the John F. Kennedy Medical Hospital before being taken to the SOS where he stayed roughly three weeks before doctors there finally declared that he was well and discharged him on September 30. Besides the president’s action to ensure Titus fully recovered from his injuries, her office has already assured support for his education upon the resumption of school.

Back to top button