Liberia news

Honey bees sting boy to death

Honey bees A seven-year-old lad, Andrew Kpan has mysteriously died after honey bees reportedly struck him while searching for firewood in the bush in Margibi County.

The seven-year-old woke up from bed and saw daylight just like all other members of his community in Margibi County, but fate didn’t allow him to end the day, as his light was cut off so early unfulfilled.

The incident occurred recently in Woryan, outskirt of Jeneta, Konoquelleh in electoral district four.
The minor was reportedly accompanied by his sibling and two friends into the bush to gather firewood when he was allegedly attacked by the bees.
The insects went wide from their nest after one of the boys threw a stone at them, according to report.
Bees are flying insects closely related to wasps and ants that have poisonous stings. There are about 20,000 different species of bees in the world.
During the attack, little Andrew and his colleagues fought back in an attempt to escape, but he could not withstand the army of angry bees that stung and overpowered him, leaving him unconscious.
The brother of the victim narrated that he did everything within his means to save Andrew, but to no avail due to the onslaught from the bees.
The minor was subsequently pronounced dead at the Barkolleh Health Center in Kakata, Margibi County where he was taken for medication.
Andrew’s father Moses Kpan, a General Town Chief, described his son’s death as a temptation and said he is not blaming anyone or witchcraft for the incident.
Chief Kpan narrated that the boy had asked him on that particular day for offering to attend a church service as he was on his way to the farm.
Unfortunately, Chief Kpan said Andrew did not go to church but rather followed his brother and friends to go in the bush in search of firewood.
The Chief lamented he returned from the farm only to hear that his son has been attacked by bees in the bush where he rushed and saw him completely covered with honey bees.
Seven of the bees reportedly entered the boy’s nostril, which immensely contributed to his sudden death. Editing by Jonathan Browne

Back to top button