Images magazine publisher‘s home gutted by fire

The Thinker Village residence of ace Liberian photojournalist and publisher, Sando Moore, was on Saturday, April 19, 2014, gutted by fire.

The fire which was noticed by a teenage boy in the compound of Mr. Moore at midday, seriously damaged the back part of the deluxe edifice, completed less than a year ago.

Several valuable materials including electrical appliances, house utensils, among others, were completely burnt to ashes.

The cause of the fire which was later brought under control by kind-hearted neighbors of the journalist is yet to be established.  Mr. Moore was out of the compound when the incident occurred.

Mr. Moore’s wife and children who were upstairs of the building were caught unaware of the blazing fire.  Community residents ran into Moore’s compound after it was noticed that the journalist’s residence was on fire and the lives of his family members were in danger. The concerned neighbors used buckets of water and sand to put off the fire.

Mr. Sando Moore who spoke to Journalists after the incident expressed thanks to God for saving the lives of his family members during the fire incident. He also lauded the concern, courage, and love shown towards his family by the community residents whom, with the blessing and guidance of God, put off the fire.

The four bed-room luxurious edifice of Mr. Moore has seven contemporary bathrooms (five upstairs & two downstairs), three porches, a magnificent kitchen, a great dining and sitting room, two office spaces. The compound, effectively barricaded by barbwires also contains a parking lot, flower and fruit gardens, generator room which is also attached to a gigantic water tower.

Back to top button