At least 3 persons sustained serious burnt as a result of fire outbreak which gutted several houses and businesses in Kolba City, Kolahun District in Lofa County on Tuesday (yesterday), 3 August.
According to our correspondent, the burnt people are said to be responding to treatment at a local hospital in the area as the destruction reported to have left many people homeless with an appeal for humanitarian assistance from both the central government and non-governmental organizations.
Though the cause of the fire is not officially known but investigation conducted by this paper state multiple sources. The first source said a little boy who was awake early morning came out and decided to lit fire to heat water for his parent when to his surprised the fire spread gotten empty gasoline containers.
While another source said a gas-dealer warned his wife who wake-up early morning lit fire that there was containers of gas was within, therefore, she was told to be careful but she did not listening. The source said because of the stubbornness of the lady, may have cause the huge damage in the town.
Meanwhile, District Commissioner Morris Tamba, said at least over US$7,000 worth of properties, including three drums of gasoline stored in one of the business houses at the time and other valuable properties.