Below the Header Ad
Rural News

Magistrate in 13-Year-Old Rape Charge

Above Article Ad

Police in Nimba County have charged and sent to court a 53-year-old Magistrate for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl. Magistrate Andrew Bleah, assigned in Bunadin Town allegedly committed the act when the victim accompanied him on the farm.

The NewDawn Nimba Correspondent said prior to the sexual assault, the victim lived with Magistrate Bleah in Bunadin town for several years. Meanwhile, local authorities in the county are trying to intervene in the case to reach an out of court settlement with the victim’s family.

This brings to three the numbers of rape cases to be headed for compromise spearheaded by local authorities in the county. It can be recalled that earlier this year, a group of officers of the police Emergency Response Unit or ERU allegedly gang-raped a girl in Yekepa, Nimba County but that case has never gone to court.

Recently, a 91-year-old man Joseph Juah, allegedly raped a three-year-old baby in Wuo Town Community outside Ganta. The mother of the infant, Mamie Gar-Gar, told the NewDawn Nimba Correspondent that her daughter had accompanied her to the suspect’s yard to get fired but she left her there, playing with her friends when she was allegedly abused.

Suspect Juah was never arrested or invited by the police for interrogation since the alleged act. Several youths of Wuo Town told this paper that this is not the first time for suspect Joseph Juah to have allegedly raped a baby, noting that he had sexually abused over the two babies before this latest.

When contracted, suspect Joseph Juah said he was putting on his clothes when his hand hit the victim.

However, he admitted to raping babies in the past, including one of his own, saying, “My son, let me tell you, I raped my own baby but it happened under the influence of alcohol when I saw the baby like my wife and raped her.”

Since the incident, the mother of three-year-old infant told our Nimba Correspondent that an NGO, Equip-Liberia took the victim to the Saclepea Hospital for medication, pending investigation.

Related Articles

Back to top button