[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]


Pregnant woman, 2 kids die in fire

A pregnant woman and her two children have died in a fire incident at the Salala Rubber Corporation in Margibi County.  The victim, identified as Martha Thomas, reportedly died in a local hospital a day after the incident.

(L-R) survival Ben Massah, and the hut gutted by fire

She was the mother of two other children, Big Ma Barkon and Great Barkon, who both also died in the fire. The fire outbreak, which occurred recently, also injured two persons in the vicinity, including Issatu Harmon and Ben Massah.

It all started when a fire gutted a two bedroom house in German Camp Number One in the plantation of the Salala Rubber Corporation after plastic bag of gasoline left near a coal pot exploded in heavy flames. 

Speaking to The NewDawn Margibi correspondent over the weekend at the plantation, one of the survivals, Ben Massah, narrated that the plastic bag in which he had the gas was perforated at the bottom, something that led to the gas spilling into a lit coal pot, exploding in flame.

According to him, the blaze came with force, thereby causing him to sustain serious burns on his two legs. The fire did not burn any household materials such as mattresses and other valuables.

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=2] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=3] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=4] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=5] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=6]
Back to top button