Wantaga FC, Others Out Of FA Knockout

Watanga FC, Invincible Eleven (IE), Mighty Barrolle, International Black Stars and Mighty Blue Angels have bid farewell to the 2013 Liberia Football Association (LFA) Knockout Championship otherwise known as the FA cup.

Watanga FC, losing finalist in the 2012 edition of the competition were flushed out 1-0 by second division topside Gardnersville FC on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at the Antoinette Tubman Stadium in Monrovia. Though the Maxwell Kemayah boys dominated the match from start to end, they could not just find their way into the back of the net after creating some salient chances.

At the Nancy B. Doe Sports Stadium in Kakata, Margibi County, Liberia’s darling club, Invincible Eleven (IE) also lost to Warnded FC in post-match penalty. The second division club based in the ELWA Community held IE to a goalless draw in full 90 minutes, including extra time before whipping them 5-4 in post-match penalty.

The defeat keeps the ‘sunshine yellow boys’ without a win since the commencement of the LFA National League in late January. Strugglers Might Barrolle took an easy exit after they were edged 2-1 by  Fatu FC also on Sunday at the ATS.

At the Unification Town Sport Pitch in lower Margibi County, International Black Stars (IBS) dismally paid an exit as they were went down to  Holders FC 2-0. NPA Anchors came from a goal down to beat Unification Town-based Might Blue Angels 2-1 at the ATS on Sunday. LISCR FC collected a handsome win over second division side Sime Darby FC at the ATS on Saturday. LISCR FC, who just returned from CAF qualifier in Cameroon, staged a 4-1 victory over Sime Darby FC.

Jubilee FC took 10 men Young Pro FC to penalty shootouts before whipping the second division side 3-2 to advance to the next round of the competition.  BYC worked hard against a determined Monrovia FC at the Harbel stadium to secure a place for the second round, while BYC beat Monrovia FC 1-0 in a tight encounter.

LPRC Oilers achieved a 3-1 victory over Supper Rollers at the Nancy Doe Stadium in Kakata. Nimba United and Georgia FC played to an entertaining 3-3 draw, but the Mountaineers sailed through with a 4-2 penalty against the second division side.

Back to top button