Below the Header Ad

Woman Admits to Murder

Above Article Ad

Police have charged an 18-year-old woman – Satta Morris, with murder after allegedly admitting to investigators that she stabbed victim Weedor Lamah to death during a scuffle last month.

The accused was taken to the Monrovia City Court at the Temple of Justice on Monday, 5 October, on murder charge. Defendant Satta and the late Weedor, 29, were reported to be in a protracted misunderstanding which allegedly centered around intimacy that involved the deceased’s “niece-in-law” only identified as Ma-Llonkor and defendant Satta’s fiance identified as Alex Kakor.

During the investigation, police said Satta “admitted to her guilt of stabbing the victim,” adding that victim Weedor was stabbed on her esophagus – [a tube connecting the throat to the stomach] – with a small kitchen knife bearing black blade.

The incident was reported to have happened during the night of September 24 between 9pm to 10pm on Bonard’s Farm in the Omega Community of Paynesville where both women resided.

According to the Police, Satta directly accused victim Weedor of allegedly being aware of a sexual relationship between her (Weedor’s) niece-in-law Ma-Lonkor and her (Satta’s) fiance Alex.

Police said the late Weedor bit defendant Satta’s left ear during a tussle on September 24, following which Satta went to inform her brother – Darkina Morris, that the deceased had wounded her.

Subsequently, police said Satta and Darkina were allegedly armed with kitchen knives to attack the late Weedor at her family’s home about ten minute-walk from defendant Satta’s residence.

Suspect Darkina was alleged to have immediately attacked one of victim (Weedor’s) sons identified as Johnny Lamah, stabbing him in the face with a knife he carried. “As a result, the blade broke and a piece remained in victim Johnny Lamah’s flesh, while the assailant fled from the scene to an unknown location,” the police charge sheet said.

While the late Weedor was allegedly outdoor complaining to a neighbor – Haja Korkor, concerning how Satta brought people to attack [her family], defendant Satta allegedy rushed on the deceased unnoticed and stabbed her at her throat with a small black-handled knife, resulting to profuse bleeding.

Defendant Satta allegedly attempted to escape the scene, but Police said she was caught by the deceased’s husband – James C. Lamah. Mr. Lamah was said to have later turned defendant Satta over to the community chairman; while he and others rushed his wife, Weedor, to the John F. Kennedy Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

By Winston W. Parley -Edited by George Barpeen

Related Articles

Back to top button