Below the Header Ad
News

Fire guts 4-bedroom apartment

Above Article Ad

A four-bedroom apartment in the Larkpazee , Airfield community gutted by fire Tuesday afternoon. Fire gutted a 4-bedroom unit Tuesday, 2 February in the Larkpazee community, SinkorAirfield, destroying personal effects valued thousands of dollars. There was no casualty reported.

Eyewitnesses told The NewDawnthe fire started late afternoon in the middle of an apartment while all occupants had left for work. The cause of the fire could not be immediately established. However, one of the occupants, Mr. Lavela Walker, narrated he was at work when he received a phone call from a neighbor, informing him his home was on fire.

Mr. Walker said before he could get on the scene, his entire apartment has already burnt to the ground without being able to take out any personal belongings. The victim expressed frustration over the incident as all he had labored for in his life’s time were gone, including his school and other documents from his office.

He commended the Liberia National Fire Service for arriving on the scene to stop the fire from spreading to nearby premises in the community. Another eyewitness, who preferred to speak on anonymity, said he was standing at a school building when he saw the fire and came running down stairs to alarm for help.

He said community residents did all they could to put off the fire, but to no avail so they had to call in fire fighters from the Liberia National Fire Service to help contain the fire.

By Bridgett Milton-Edited by Jonathan Browne

Related Articles

Back to top button